Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Shame About Your Love Life


"Sure, I think cars are great - I'd love to have one myself. But if God never chooses to give me a car, hey, I'm cool with that, too."

"You're spending $30 a month surfing Carmax online."

"So? There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not really
looking, I just, y'know, want to see what might happen."

"Uh-huh."

* The precedeing was not directed at anyone. The following is directed at everyone:


Thirty dollars a month is a lot to spend looking for a bridge partner.




The problem with people who are looking is that they aren't content where they are. They're not grateful for the Gift of Singleness. They're looking for someone else to complete them. They're not enough. They're . . . Desperate.

Right. Well, I am looking. For a date, for a boyfriend, and ultimately for a husband. Please do not be alarmed - the deafening sound you hear is merely every unmarried male within earshot scrambling to find a hiding place. (They'd sleep a lot better if they knew I've already ruled most of them out.)

Own it, people. If we're not ready to be honest about our desires, we're no where near ready to act on them.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Well Said Tali. I tend to think that some believe that if you actually admit that you are in the market for a relationship, then you are desperate, especially if you sign up for online dating sites. You can still be content in your life, but still desire more. God didn't attend for man to be alone so it is natural for us to have that desire to have a husband or wife. So, we shouldn't be afraid to admit it. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home