Monday, April 18, 2005

Surface Life

It's another way of saying "shallow." Or "superficial." It's about my relationship with Him lately. It's waking up one day and realizing that I've barely scratched the surface but I've already stopped digging - then remembering that I realized it yesterday but didn't do anything about it then either. It's knowing that I know better, knowing what I should do, and still not doing it. It's questioning my motivation, questioning my capacity, questioning my desire until the moment has passed me by. It's staying home when I should get off my butt. It's staying out all night when I should be home. It's resting in the knowledge that I'm on the right path, and ignoring the fact that I'm not going anywhere.

It's my life. Right now. With no depth, no devotion, and no desire for more.

It's a reason to pray.

3 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger rob said...

it's so easy to reside there. the real estate we should be sailing past on life's highway, we take the exit and pull into the parking lot.

found your blog via kiwi, via mark, via charlie pharis, via etc. keep it up, i'll be back...

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i'm pretty much there too... grr! call me if you feel like a chat (though you might not be feeling this way anymore, since this is an old post) :)

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! i just realized this was from last year!! or the year before??!!

well, maybe i had to read it for a reason :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home